The Smart Country platform presents Russia’s Top 100 People in Digital.
The article originally published on umstrana.ru: https://umstrana.ru/top100digital
Who creates talent for the digital economy?
Where are successful digital projects implemented?
Who writes about hi-tech?
These Top 100 ratings were built with the input of more than 100 leading experts in the field of digital and IT, as well as prominent entrepreneurs and representatives of the academic community. The key figures were assessed over several criteria:
1. The key figures were assessed over several criteria:
· Media mentions
· Experience — not just in digital and information technologies, but also in management
· Participation in industry events and key activities dedicated to digital technologies
· Independent expert evaluation
· Recognition by the digital community
2. We analyzed the operation of key ministries, agencies, development institutions responsible for implementation of the “Digital Economy” national program
· Presidential Administration of Russia
· The Government of the Russian Federation
· Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation
· Ministry of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media of RF
· Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation
· Ministry of Industry and Commerce of the Russian Federation
· Central Bank of RF
· The Council for Development of the Digital Economy under the Federation Council of Russia
· The State Duma committee for information policy
3. We studied the organizations where digital projects are born
· ANO “Digital Economy”
· ANO “Agency for Strategic Initiatives to Promote New Projects” (ASI)
· All-Russian Public Organization “Business Russia”
· All-Russian Public Organization “Opora Russia”
· The Fund for Assistance to Development of Small Enterprises in the Area of Science and Technology
· The Skolkovo Foundation
· Internet Initiatives Development Foundation (IIDF)
· Russian Association of Electronic Communications (RAEC)
· Russian Association of Crypto Industry and Blockchain (RACIB)
4. We studied the operations of the largest Russian hi-tech companies:
· Kaspersky Lab
· VEB Innovations
5. The final Top 100 ratings include:
· 22 government representatives
· 10 representatives of non-profit organizations responsible for concept and strategy development
· 31 scientists and professors from leading Russian Universities training IT specialists
· 36 representatives of the largest companies operating in Russia
· 16 media managers from the leading Russian media
· 31 experts and representatives of educational and academic circles
· 15 investors contributing to hi-tech projects and startups
Please note that some participants have been added to several categories at once, due to the nature of their professional activities.
Venture investor, visionary, entrepreneur in the field of innovations and blockchain technology. One of the most prominent business angels in Russia. Graduated from Moscow State Institute of Electronics and Mathematics, and Higher School of Economics. Received an MBA degree at Stockholm School of Economics. Started his career as project manager and web architect, quickly advancing to top managerial positions in the field of e-commerce. Worked for MAR Consult, followed by the Online Marketing Director’s position at Acronis. Marketing Director at Mail.ru Group, responsible for all media campaigns. Launched several digital projects of his own. In 2017, launched Universa blockchain platform and protocol, which was named the blockchain startup of the year by Russian Crypto Awards. Borodich also managed the School of Economics and Mathematics at the Moscow State University. Director of “Business Acceleration of Blockchain Projects” education program at Plekhanov Russian University of Economics. Currently teaching students at Higher School of Economics and giving lectures at Moscow State University.
More detail on all rating participants can be found at https://umstrana.ru/top100digital/
The special project was developed with the involvement of: Olga Kutsenko, Elena Gorbacheva, Marina Selina, Alexander Stolyarov, Dmitry Fyodorov.